The Operations Analyst is responsible for identifying and solving issues relating to the operations of the business. In this new position, the Operations Analyst participates in a distributed, multi facility healthcare clinical operations footprint and works cross-functionally to gather and mine large amounts of data, analyze it and present options and solutions to support operations and financial management decision making. Additionally, this role will be critical in providing key data points, modeling, preparing sensitivity analysis, GAP analysis, cost/benefit analysis, ROI and driving to root cause to help to improve trends and drive change through critical information. This position will become the subject matter expert and support standardization across regional facilities in the areas of optimal patient volumes by facility, physician productivity levels, room and facility capacity levels, payer mix by region, service mix by region and procurement drivers and related trends.
- Analyze operational performance to identify trends, opportunities, and risks
- Manage large sums of data and distill it down to perform critical sensitivity analysis, GAP analysis, cost/benefit analysis and related modeling ensuring management understands the trends, root cause and best options for decision making.
- Create, generate and provide value added analysis, presentations, reports, department level dashboards and recommendations for key metrics for the practice
- Responsible for the creation, preparation and maintenance of other recurring or ad hoc internal reports and analyses as required and/or requested from Operations Leaders
- Examine obtained data and input and determine what information is relevant and what methods to use for further analysis
- Serve as the primary liaison and point of contact between operations management and senior management for functional business process improvements.
- Advise senior management on the effects of various solutions. Work with managers and employees to implement changes
- Assist with developing standardized documents and assist with reviewing, developing, and revising documentations. Write memos and reports to explain the findings and recommendations to operations management
- Interact with leadership at the facility level to gather input, handle concerns, and educate on various processes aimed at improving forecasting and analysis abilities
- Assist with all other projects as assigned by Operations and Finance management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Accounting, or Finance field is required
- 3-5 years of experience performing business analysis
- Evaluating trends and patterns in a healthcare business, and creating business/operational performance models
- Advanced skills in Excel required and will be tested
- Knowledge of Power BI and Access are highly preferred
- High degree of managing multiple assignments concurrently with exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to travel periodically; healthcare experience required
Additional Skills And Experience:
Operations Analyst must have:
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
– Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
– Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
– Ability to deal with patients, visitors, co-workers, and physicians with courtesy and respect
– A professional outgoing warm and helpful attitude